Thursday, April 8, 2010



This inflatable mattress P. and I bought has grown on me. (Ha.) At first I hated its shower-curtain smell and its tendency to deflate throughout the night. But now that I’m back to my firm and delightfully collegiate extra-long twin bed, the night-raft’s still taking up a large corner of my living room. With some pillows and blankets, it makes a good reading nest but is not going to win any design awards.

Middle-school sleepovers at A.D.’s house often involved her brother’s water bed (brother not present). It was underfilled and with a small movement of my shoulders I could create a loud slosh of inter-bed tsunami.

All this reminds me- I want to see Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. It came and went at the Rotunda in the space of a week. Anyone seen it?

No comments:

Post a Comment