Saturday, May 8, 2010

Last day of classes at JHU ever, and I was expecting sadness, poignancy, etc., but really it just felt like any other Friday, except I went to Dunkin Donuts first thing to get two dozen "mixed assortment" and a jug of orange juice. The lady at DD did the mix herself, which I assumed was random but the second box was the exact same ratio. I ate a cake donut while preparing for class, and a glazed cake donut afterwards, so my rollercoaster blood sugar probably contributed to my odd feeling all afternoon.

Then, department party: 5 P.M. Hodgson, subdued, very little food that can be politely eaten in public, the usual suspects, S. Dixon remembering me from his retirement dinner, the hawk catching the rabbit on the lawn (that was last year, says Thomas). Gina drove us to Abell (by way of the Schnapp Shop), we ate nutter butters, talked too much about the future to be enjoying the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment